
Bryan started a new job last week...this week he has been out of town for training. Kristi stayed with me to help out with the kids and I don't know how I would have done it without her. Or should I say without Zach putting him to bed almost every night! Such a good babysitter or just likes to run around and shoot guns with Ashton winding him up before bed. Ashton loves having them over and since they have been living with us since last April, we are sad they are moving on but at least they live a few miles away.
With Bryan being gone this week and only an hour or so away from being home, I could cry. I have missed him, my husband, father to my children and friend. We work like a well oiled machine (that may need to be oiled at times, but mostly oiled and working!). Before he left we needed to get him some casual business clothes for the new Mr. Salesman and our experience trying on the clothes in the fitting room at Kohls couldn't have been any funnier. Although as the well oiled machine that we were functioning as, didn't notice how funny it was until a few days later. While he was trying on clothes, I was nursing Brody and Ashton was being a Doggy/Dinosaur in the mirror. Before our family left the family sized fitting room, I changed Brody on the bench and Bryan changed Ashton...passing diapers, wipes, diaper bags like it was an olympic even and then off we went.
I just needed to journal today...knowing he is coming home today made today hard and lost...desparate for him to get here the day couldn't go by any slower. I needed to journal to cope with the "mommy day" I was having. I had to let Brody cry himself to sleep today. I was just too "mommy" exhausted. I know that he is inbetween that newborn and being able to train him to sleep, I just hadn't been ready for not having him sleep with me, next to me, cuddling with me...keeping me safe and letting me know I'm his mommy. Once he goes into the crib in another room, I won't get to do this again with him at least not every night. So he put himself to sleep cryng, he is still alive and still loves me even though I made him do that. But he did it all by himself.
Tonight, I look forward to Bryan being home and going to Target! I love Easter stuff and peeps just might peep into my cart.
Two more things, Nicole I miss you (insert tear here) and I love my new music playlist I hope you all enjoy.




No comments:
Post a Comment